Came across this idea of PRO-aging some time ago, and I am intrigued by it.
- Why are we so ANTI-aging? What does that even mean?
- What are we (particularly women and perhaps men to lesser degree,) so freaking afraid of?
- What if our increasing number of years on this planet was truly viewed as something to be celebrated?
- What if our lines, our wrinkles, our ‘crepey’ skin were viewed as awards handed to us for our life’s efforts?
- A woman’s worth, her value, her self esteem appear to be inextricably linked to her appearance…
BUT I’ve noticed something really cool lately: The more made up, the more put together, the more effort that has been put into looking younger (think puffed lips, perfect hair, that slightly too-taut skin) the LESS attractive that seems to me!
Obviously this is a personal opinion and by all means I believe everyone should do what make them feel their best…but for me…I’m liking the BEAUTY that comes from a genuine smile, a hearty laugh and the glow of a life well fought for!
Any thoughts, reactions, suggestions to share?