Advanced E-RYT 500 & Registered Yoga School
I have been a student of yoga since 1974, and a teacher since 1998. Because I loved what yoga did for me, I opened The Yoga Garden 20 years ago with the intention to bring this joy to others. The study of Yoga is vast and as a teacher, I continue to study and learn.
Most recently, I take a lot of inspiration from Leslie Kaminoff, first as a student and then as coordinator of his Anatomy & Breath Clinic for 3 years.
My approach to yoga starts with the breath, from there, we deepen our practice…whether it’s more advanced poses, Pranayama (yogic breath work) or restorative sequences to relieve stress.
These are some of the reasons why I’ve made yoga my life’s work.
- My Yoga teachers have impacted my life profoundly, my hope is to spark my students in that same significant way.
- Yoga reminds me to be comfortable in my own skin, under any circumstances. It connects me to life force, it keeps me focused and grounded.
- Yoga shows me that pain, sorrow and stress are catalysts for discovery – leading to self acceptance, compassion and dare I say, even joy!
- Yoga reinforces my healthy space and boundaries, it reminds me how to protect my interior landscape, how to release fear, how to live gracefully in a state of balance…moment to moment.
- Yoga saved me at a certain very low point in my life, when I knew things were dreadfully out of balance, when I was filled with fear, when I did not look forward to greeting the day. Yoga helped restore my equanimity.
- I teach Yoga because learning in the moment, is Yoga; learning about ourselves, our internal space, our relationships…to find joy wherever we are, moment to moment.
For more about my story, check out my Timeline.