Advanced E-RYT 500 & Registered Yoga School
I have been a student of yoga since 1974, and a teacher since 1998. Because I loved what yoga did for me, I opened The Yoga Garden 20 years ago with the intention to bring this joy to others. The study of Yoga is vast and as a teacher, I continue to study and learn.
My approach to yoga starts with the breath, from there, we deepen our practice… the poses – restorative to advanced, Pranayama (yogic breath work), and meditation for brain health. And we keep it real with a healthy dose of humor and self acceptance!
This is why yoga is my life’s work. Yoga:
- reminds me to be comfortable in my own skin and keeps me grounded.
- shows me how to use stress as a catalyst for growth.
- reinforces my healthy space and boundaries.
- saved me at a low point in my life and helped restore my equanimity.
- reminds me that I can find joy wherever I am, moment to moment.
For more about my story, check out my Timeline.